Thursday, October 16, 2008

When My Name is Earl is on it's game...

...let's talk about this show instead. It's had it's missteps. But My Name is Earl is on it's game when it's about Earl actually taking care of his list. He's not always happy about it. He doesn't always do it right...sometimes he messes up. But sometimes, besides righting all the bad karma he's put out there, Earl encounters unexpected heartfelt moments.

My Name is Earl is also on it's game when it makes use of all the townies from Camden. This show has by far the best use of recurring characters of any tv show I've seen (It's Alway Sunny in Philadelphia is pretty good too). It's not always Earl's tight circle, and it's not random "friends" popping up for one episode, never to be seen again. Gay Kenny might be my favorite. I'm amazed at the continuity with these characters and their situations, too. It makes the town of Camden and the world Earl lives in feel very, very real. Anyway, good episode tonight. Have turned off the excrutiating Kath & Kim and will watch the Red Sox lose until The Office comes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment