Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday television traffic(jam)

I hate traffic. Mostly in real life, because it's usually for the stupidest, inane reasons.

A traffic jam on tv is not quite as irritating, in that I don't want to scream obscenities (usually) and I don't want to pull someone's hair and scratch their eyes out (for the most part), but why does every single network have to program their best shows on the same night?? My DVR can only record 2 shows at once! And will be doing so tonight from 8-11.

So on tonight's Thursday Television Trafficjam, here's what you can expect (maybe it won't be so terrible for you...maybe you are actually a more discerning television viewer who can limit what you watch. In which case, why are you here?? This blog ain't for you! :)):

8-9 pm
Bones (Fox) - not a must watch. It got kinda silly at the end of last season, but I do enjoy many of the episodes and the playful-protective relationship between Bones (Emily Deschanel, who I really like) and Booth (David Boreanaz, who I love love love!)...
The Vampire Diaries (CW)- as we've already established, my new guilty pleasure
Parks and Recreation (NBC) - didn't love it last season, but I adore Amy Poehler and I see potential...still giving it a shot to find it's footing.

9-10 pm
Fringe (Fox) - I have yet to get into this show. I want to like it. I have liked the episodes I've seen. Plus, Josh Jackson? Delish. Season premiere would be a logical place to try to pick it up again.
The Office (NBC) - very excited for the new season. I love and have missed my Dunder Mifflin gang.
Community (NBC) - new show, have already watched the pilot and enjoyed it.

10-11 pm
Project Runway (Lifetime) - you're either in or you're out, and Project Runway is in...
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX) - somehow this show just gets funnier and funnier. I think the actors know their characters now and I never get tired of seeing the gang try to act smart and failing miserably.

So as you can see, a few of the hours have three shows crammed into where only two shows can be recorded. Grey's Anatomy hasn't even premiered yet, which will add to the glut. New 30 Rock episodes haven't begun yet, which will add to the glut. Baseball is still on, which will add to the glut. Those shows that don't get recorded will have to be watched on the computer (thank God most networks have jumped on the video-posting bandwagon!), but that's still at least five hours of television I need to keep up on. Thank God nothing good comes on on Saturdays. That's how long it usually takes me til to catch up on all my Thursday shows. At least it's a traffic jam of shows I like. If only traffic in real life were that much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment