Sunday, September 21, 2008

So, what shows am I watching anyway?

Just so you have an idea where I'm coming from, I'm going to give you an idea of what shows I waste (I mean spend) my time watching. Some of them I watch because I think they are everything that is great and wonderful and inspiring about television. Some I watch because I know I'll walk away with pains in my sides from laughing so hard. Some I watch because I'm addicted, even if I don't think they are the best thing television has to offer. But isn't that the great thing about tv, that sometimes it makes you think, sometimes it makes you cry, sometimes it makes you laugh, sometimes it just helps you escape from your own life, and sometimes it makes you realize your life isn't so bad after all.

So, are we coming from the same place? I don't watch Gossip Girl. I don't watch Survivor. I don't watch Two and a Half Men. I don't watch CSI. Some I don't have time for. Some I have no desire to. I watch some top ten shows. I watch some critical faves. I watch some things you've never heard of. I watch some things you might rather pluck out your eyelashes than try. But if it turns out we have a comedy in common, then maybe something else I watch might be something you'd like to try. We may not agree on anything at all. But television, like most art, creates opinions and dialogue and debate, and well, let's just get to the fun part...the lists!

Top 14 shows, in no particular order, that are currently on the air that I'm totally into: Mad Men, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, How I Met Your Mother, The New Adventures of Old Christine, The Office, 30 Rock, Dirty Sexy Money, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Psych, Friday Night Lights, House

Top 10 shows, in no particular order, that are no longer on the air that I was or am still totally into: Friends, Sex and the City, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, The Office (British version), Coupling (British version), American Dreams, Veronica Mars, Wonderfalls, Firefly

No comments:

Post a Comment