Monday, October 26, 2009

Ricky Gervais will host the Golden Globes - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Ricky Gervais will host the Golden Globes - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Posted using ShareThis

This news is interesting, as the first time I ever heard about "The Office" and realized it might be a somewhat good show was when it won best tv comedy at the Globes in 2004.

Since I've realized how boated, boring, self-aggrandizing, and annoying television award shows are, I've stopped watching and even really caring. The Emmys were the first award show I've watched in forever, and why was that? Because Neil Patrick Harris was the host. I think the award show people have smartened up and realized that viewers may be willing to forgive the actual inaneness of said show if there is a host who is genuinely entertaining, because guess what? Entertaining makes for good tv.

Ricky Gervais is one of those people who should always be on the hosting short list and I'm glad to see he's finally been tapped. I will even go out on a limb and say that I will definitely watch the Globes this year. Because Gervais always cracks me up. Even when he's on stage for only a few minutes, even when he's a small cog in a big wheel and kind of an afterthought, he still steals the show. Am very excited about this news.

Gervais at past award shows:
60th Primetime Emmys 2008


61st Primetime Emmys 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment