Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday's here: the best night of television



Grey's Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, Parks and Recreation, Community...these are just some of the shows that clutter up my DVR on a typical Thursday night. If you read this blog, you know I extol the virtues time and time again of TVD, one of the best written shows on tv on any night, not just Thursdays - and Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy has finally returned to the fold, yay! If you don't watch Parks and Rec or Community, start - both are on the bubble and may not return next season. P & R is as funny, earnest, and heartfelt as ever and I still want to move to Pawnee, Indiana, especially now that I know Paul Rudd as Bobby Newport, Leslie's dumb, spoiled but very sweet campaign appointment, also lives there. Community is sometimes a tad too wacky and quirky, but it's still funny and original and just so clever...and Grey's is still my guilty pleasure, although after suffering a serious slump a few seasons back, it's hit a creative resurgence, thanks in great part to some of the cast additions, namely Eric Dane, Chyler Leigh, and Jesse Williams. So, hopefully I'll get home from work in time to watch and erase all my built up shows from last night before I put my poor DVR to serious work again tonight - that poor piece of technology is probably so happy the television season is almost over...is it aware that many of the cable networks now run summer seasons? Oh well - tv, tonight! Watch it!
Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery on Grey's Anatomy.

steven r mcqueen 1 Steven R. Mcqueen
Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert on The Vampire Diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment