Friday, February 19, 2010

Entering television renewal limbo...Eyes on Life Unexpected and Community

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35367726/ns/entertainment-television/

MSNBC.com, you're a pain in my butt not letting me link your stories...anywho, this time of year usually gives me severe agita, after the early renewals have been announced and before the May upfronts have gotten here, but this year, I'm feeling pretty okay. Most of the shows I've fallen in love with over the past couple of years have gotten early pickups for next season and several of my on the bubble shows really aren't so on the bubble - so let's see...

Chuck, which almost didn't come back this season, seems to be a good bet to return next season, so I'm choosing not to worry.

Better Off Ted seems to be pretty much dead. I'm heartbroken. But I guess better to know now than to spend the next three months with heartburn waiting to get the bad news. I'm soothing my heartache by watching old episodes on Hulu. Like Arrested Development before, I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching this show.

Which just leaves two shows for me to worry about, both in their freshman year - the CW's Life Unexpected and NBC's Community. LUX has a lot of potential - a lot - and not only is it great to have Shiri Appleby back on tv (the show has inspired me to go back and rewatch my old Roswell DVDs) but Kristoffer Polaha really deserves to finally find a good show, a show that won't get cancelled after just a few episodes (yes, he has a guest role on Mad Men, but it's very tiny, and I'm not counting it) - not only is he oh so pretty, but he can act, too. As for Community - it's quirky, it's funny, it's got heart, it actually makes me laugh out loud, and it perfectly rounds out NBC's 4-comedy Thursday block in a way that this network hasn't had in years and years and years. For that reason alone, they should bring back this show.

So maybe it's just those two shows, but it looks like I'm going to be suffering from agita for the next couple of months anyway...grr, argh...

Life Unexpected will be moving to Mondays at 8 p.m., CW
Community, Thursdays at 8 p.m. on NBC

Watch them, ya dig?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment